Saturday, March 7, 2020

Storyboarding- Creative Process- Scene 1

Today, I am starting the storyboard. Since I want to be able to properly write my screenplay, I will be documenting, in detail, what I want to do in each shot for the scene.

The scene opens in a fade in at an extreme long shot of the subject. The lighting is high key to convey that the setting is in a parking lot, and the subject is in the middle third of the screen. The character is wearing a dark blue shirt with a black leather jacket, as well as black pants and black shoes. The camera then cuts to a shot of the beginning of the credits and then back to the film. The next shot is a long shot of the character. The character is looking straight into the camera, and the camera cuts to more credits. The next shot is at a mid shot. Each cut, closer each time, is used to help build the feeling of heaviness that the character is feeling. The camera cuts to an extreme close up on the character's mouth, and the title appears.

The camera then cuts again to an extreme long shot, in order to show how empty the parking lot it. This helps to build the feeling of emptiness I am trying to convey. The character then begins to sing again, but at an extreme long shot. I plan on repeating this cycle of zooming in and out. This is in order to show that the feeling I try to create is a cycle- things begin to get better, and then they go back to the way that they were.

The chorus begins, and it goes from an XLS to a long shot. The long shot is a profile to make sure the camera movement is not too boring and the same throughout. The chorus begins again, and this time at the mid shot and close up. Once the singing is done, the camera cuts to an extreme long shot with a slow zoom out with the character walking off to show the plot is moving somewhere else.

In my next post, I will be storyboarding for the second scene, in case I am unable to meet the time limit with the first scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

The End of Love Creative Critical Reflection Here is my CCR! Sorry it's so long- there was a lot I wanted to talk about.