Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Group Meeting

Today, I met with some fellow students to discuss my progress on my project and ways I can improve my project. It was unanimous- my project will be very difficult to complete and pull off. But, if I do so, they said it could turn out very well. I did receive some very good feedback on my ideas. The thing I have been struggling with most is the music production, especially with the violin. One student mentioned someone who could help with the violin aspect, so I will be looking into that.

The focus of any film opening is to introduce the main character, and a student mentioned that I have to focus my attention to that. They suggested that to create the feeling of the growing emotion through the opening, I should have the music be soft in the beginning, and then have it build up louder and louder. In case I do not want to do my project a cappella, I can use the same instruments from the songs I want to with the same chords, and just change the melody to make it my own. To develop this as an opening, I could have the music only be present for a minute to 90 seconds, and then have the opening end with the character walking away, and then introducing the next scene.

Most of my technique will be coming from the set design. The set here will be an empty parking lot, which will not be difficult to do. I can shoot in a specific area that has low key lighting to create the feeling of sadness. I can also focus on the costume design by using dark and dull colors, such as dark blue, black, and grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

The End of Love Creative Critical Reflection Here is my CCR! Sorry it's so long- there was a lot I wanted to talk about.