Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Song is Done!!!

I have finished my song. I have decided that I will follow a cappella, for two reasons. One, I am very behind and need to start on my storyboarding and script writing. Two, it will help me develop my feeling of emptiness. Having the music missing will make it feel as if an aspect of the film is missing, like something is not right. That is the feeling that I am trying to evoke. This is what I have.

Love has always been a street that I cannot follow
I turn and turn at every intersection
And I feel as if maybe for some reason
I'm not meant to follow

And I took your hand in mine and led it through my soul
Until you took and settled on every nerve
But now, even in my dreaming
I wish your hands on my own

And I gave my heart
To you with will
Now everything is gone
I have nothing left to feel

I will be the one singing, as I feel my voice naturally has a feeling of unhappiness. Yes, that sounds weird, but I also feel like only I can portray the emotion I need to portray. The lyrics came to me naturally in a moment of inspiration, and I feel as if it is perfect. I drew inspiration from Florence + the Machine's "The End of Love" and Sam Smith's "Nothing Left For You". Next post, I will be discussing how I plan on using the cinematography to develop the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

The End of Love Creative Critical Reflection Here is my CCR! Sorry it's so long- there was a lot I wanted to talk about.