Sunday, March 1, 2020

Backup Plans

Writing the song has posed many challenges for me. The violin is very different to control on GarageBand, so I have requested permission to use songs from other artists such as Florence + the Machine and Troye Sivan. If I am able to do this, then I will be able to start storyboarding and script-writing much sooner.

I started writing this post on Wednesday, and am yet to hear from either production company. I tried requesting acmes for a song by Bleachers, but Sony does not license songs for commercial use for free. I am still working on the same pieces of music I had from last time, but it is not going very well. I am becoming very frustrated, as I do not truly know how to express my feelings through the music. Yes what I am creating sounds fine, but it doesn't truly create the feeling I want it to. It creates a feeling of just pure heartbreak, which is not what I am trying to do. I am trying to really involve that feelings of emptiness and being sick and tired, and I don't know how to do that. Actually, I just had an idea in my rambling.

I may try doing the whole opening a cappella. It would really create that feeling of emptiness if the singing is unaccompanied by instruments. I may try this for the opening, but it would truly have to vary on whether I used a song I licensed or that I wrote myself. But I really do feel that the use of a cappella would create that feelings of emptiness I am striving for.

God, I'm a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

The End of Love Creative Critical Reflection Here is my CCR! Sorry it's so long- there was a lot I wanted to talk about.