Sunday, March 1, 2020

Experimenting with Fonts For Title

I have decided that, due to time constraints, I should start working on the early production aspects of my blog. I want the title to be "The End of Love", but I also want a font that can adequately represent the mood I am going for. I decided to strikethrough the first three letters of the title because it develops the plot of what the whole film would end up being- the character believing a heartbreak was the end of love, but it later is proved to not be.

This is the first font I have in mind:



I like the fact that it appears to be more handwritten because it adds a more personal feel to the tone that the opening establishes. It is also simple, and not too elegant, which represents how I am trying to express a simple emotion.

WeVideo does not have many fonts available, so I am trying some in Final Cut Pro. Here are some of my ideas.
This one has a handwritten feel that feels elegant, but also feels personal. It conveys a feeling of personal emotions of not sadness, but emptiness.

This one is similar to the last, but it feels like it takes up more space and is more spaced out, which makes one feel as if the feeling completely takes over one's personal lives. This indicates that the movie will be exploring a person's full experience, that is spread out. However, the font is not very bold, which I feel would be very important, as the bold helps to establish a feeling of strength and passion.




Between these two, they are very similar. They have more elegance than the last two, and appear as more formal. This indicates that the tone set for this film will be serious. The last one seems more serious, as opposed to the first, which, honestly, feels cliche. The second feels unique, yet common, as is the experience that I am trying to create for my character.

I am still working on trying to get the strikethrough, but I will mostly focus on the effects of the font.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

The End of Love Creative Critical Reflection Here is my CCR! Sorry it's so long- there was a lot I wanted to talk about.