Friday, March 13, 2020

Costume Design

Since I am starting filming soon, I need to start thinking of specific choices in costume design I need to make to help develop mood. Obviously, the best colors for depression are blue, black, and grey. My character will be wearing black and grey, since the black will represent the darkness and pain he is feeling. From my research, I have found that to create a feeling of a character who desires control, I should have little to no differing patterns, with the costume having matching palettes throughout. This is where the dark and dull colors come in. To create the feelings of separation between Max and Oliver, Max will be wearing bright white colors, which will be a contrast from the dark grey and blue.

The white color represents innocence and purity, which is meant to communicate that Max is not a villain. He did not do anything wrong or try to hurt Oliver; he just simply fell out of love. This color choice helps make sure the audience understands the role of the character. The black is seen as a symbol of sophistication as well, which we know from "black tie" events. This black not only represents pain and darkness, but it also represents maturity. It shows Oliver has grown a great deal from this process and is not just a child. It helps present him as a more mature figure, which makes sure the audience takes his issues seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

The End of Love Creative Critical Reflection Here is my CCR! Sorry it's so long- there was a lot I wanted to talk about.