Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Reflection

If there is one thing I learned about this project, it's that I do not yet have the budget or time to accomplish what I want to. No, just kidding. I actually really enjoyed this project. It was something that had me culminate all of my knowledge and ideas from the entire course. I thought I would spend the entire project thing "how am I gonna fit these types of angles?" or"how am I gonna explain set design?" or "how will I do a shot/countershot?". But, actually, it all came to me naturally. I truly felt like I have mastered all of these basic media studies skills, and I feel confident that my project demonstrates this.
I also learned self expression. As I will talk in my CCR, this was a great way for me to express my emotions. Sure, a lot of it didn't make it into the final draft, but I was still able to get some weight off my back. It's almost like therapy. You just feel the emotion spew out of you, but instead, you end with a beautiful project you can call your own. Every part of it, I got to add a little detail about myself that spoke volumes about who I am. And I did this on purpose. From obvious points like the lyrics in the song to small costume design choices like the shoes I chose for the shot, it was all me and all about me.
This project also taught me something that I have previously been very bad with- organization. As you can see by the "set design" of the bedroom in my opening, I am a very disorganized person. I had to create a thorough schedule and procedure for this project. Every step depended on how well I did the last. And if I didn't like one step, I went back and fixed the last to see where I went wrong. There's a lot I omitted from my blog, mainly because my process was just so raw and natural. It didn't have much planning (it still had organization). The second scene I drew up in a minute and filmed right after. All I did was keep tweaking it until I was satisfied with it. 
I know I've been rambling, so I'm gonna go ahead and shut up. But, I feel like this project is a great beginning for me. My very first official film piece, and I'm nothing short of proud of it. I'm so happy I was able to create this not just for a grade, but for myself. I can't wait to be able to look at this in the future and see both how far I'll have come and how well I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

The End of Love Creative Critical Reflection Here is my CCR! Sorry it's so long- there was a lot I wanted to talk about.