Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Portfolio Project- Music Production

As of this weekend, I have began writing the music to my project. I want to create a melancholy feel to the film opening. I intend for the opening to begin on a dark screen with the credits, with the main singer singing acapella. The scene will show shots between the credits and the main character singing, in a location that I am yet to determine. I want there to be a sense of mystery; that there is something wrong with the character. My character is singing to release and express a deep sorrow. Therefore, I have scrapped my previous song and began on a new one. I believe that by first creating the tune and cord progression of the song, I will be able to better evoke the mood of melancholy and mystery.

I have began my first set of classes on music production. I took a class at the Apple Store in Ft Lauderdale to learn how to use Garage Band over the weekend. I've began to learn the basic instruments I would need, such as guitar, piano, drum, and violin. If this scene will be anything, I want it to have impact. I want it to have power. I want the audience to know exactly what this character is experiencing, and I want them to believe that this is a story worth telling. How do I plan on doing this? With a great deal of effort, trying, learning, and patience.

I have an outline on how I want this song to carry out. Music to me has always been about a feeling. A story it tells. Songs are the most beautiful and elaborate pieces of art. There is a story that is there, but you need to dig in deep to not just see it, but to understand it. To truly feel it. That's what I want to do with this. I wan my audience to feel the sadness of this character.

The melancholy mood I plan on creating is not one associated with crying or heartbreak. It is one of being tired. Tired of trying to be happy, tired of trying to make it day by day, trying to be yourself. This character needs to be someone that represents who I am. There needs to be a mirror reflection of who I am, combined with who I want to be. This character will be a product of my song writing, of my emotions being laid out on a computer keyboard through my fingers and transformed to sound. This opening will be about more than just my cinematographic talent- it will me a demonstration of my ability to express myself to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

The End of Love Creative Critical Reflection Here is my CCR! Sorry it's so long- there was a lot I wanted to talk about.